Close

Big Problem, Need help!

Ok...it all started last night when I try to install the o2 sim that I got from o2simulator.com...The install seem pretty easy, check it out...http://o2simulator.com/28301/index.html

So i'm done with the install right, i start up the engine, still a cel, and plus the battery light shows up! I stop for the night!

Today, I drive to car to work, the speedometer don't work, the gas goes up and down, the eps comes on, the abs and the power steering is gone...if we have it..on top of that, i think my hondata is fucked, can't take it up to the 7700....

Trying to fix it, I take out the sim, and connect the wires on the o2 sensor back, then i reset the ecu, still the same, by this time, im really mad..i call up prospeed, where i got the ecu, he says call back monday, he'll try to get the ecu reflashed for me, hopefully free of charge...i go to the honda dealer ship to see if i can get a replace o2 sesor, 200+ something dollars, couldn't afford it!

Going home I stopped at walmart to buy diapers, the car completely died, wouldn't start at all, had to wait awhile, then i just woke up again!!!

If anyone can help me out! please!!! do so, im like so mad and tired right now....

what should i do???

sucka free
    holy crap dude, that sucks. I have the hondata reflash and have had a caspers O2 sim for even longer. No problems at all. It sounds like the sim was jacked up. I really have no idea how those things work, but if they try to tell you you cant use an O2 sim with hondata, they're bullshittin you. good luck bro!

by the way, which sensor did you put the sim on?

sounds like that universal sim, isn't universal and sent a surge to the ecu and fucked your ecu.

I shouldve just got the casper sim :(

Damn universals!!!!

what's next, should i take it into the dealer (honda) and let them take care of it? I think thats the only option right?

Originally posted by Shadow EP3
    I shouldve just got the casper sim :(

Damn universals!!!!

what's next, should i take it into the dealer (honda) and let them take care of it? I think thats the only option right?

yep but i think itll cost you some change

wow that sucks man

IHI O INI ID /A IE IP3 ep3_civic_si's Avatar
    damn that sucks! yeah if u take it into the dealer it's gonna cost u a bundle of change:D sorry just like me the first time i installed my springs i messed up the tie rods threads it costed me 455 to replace jus the stupid tie rods and labor and crap so if it's 455 for just tie rods i dunno about ecu's and those engine parts i'm not really good with engine parts haha but good luck though shadow i wanted to see ur car too at the meet

p.s. waddup 02civicSI remember me at hte meet patrick the one with the black ep with the kit i forgot to get ur name but it was cool talking to u and watch ur rc ep3 lol

i drive an rx7.
    guess someones not a very good electrician...

yea it sounds like you did something very wrong. i think you may have gotten a ground confused. you guys gotta realize that these ep's are very advanced electronically, you cant just throw an o2 sim on there without serious support from a local shop, i personally wouldnt do it w/o a stand alone EMU.

anyhow it sounds like your gonna need more than a new ECU. this could be a good excuse to buy AEM's new toy.

calling up hondata 2morrow to see if they can take my ecu in for a look, also need to replace the o2 sensors, will rsx sensors work for ours? You think honda will fix it for free? should i just go back to stock and sell out my parts... :) then trade it in....

i drive an rx7.
    honda wont fix it unless you come up with a VERY good story.. rsx sensors should be approximatly the same.. use base unit sensors. good luck.

remember kids.. friends dont let friends do test pipes.

Thread Information