HID Install - Reborn

Okay, so this install is pretty straight forward.. I did it on my old EP.

I did this install over 2 years ago, so if I left anything out let me know! Thanks guys!

Took me less than 15 minutes, and I'm not so bright...

Install Difficulty: 2/10 (You have to touch things)

Before she was sold I relocated the ballasts in the bumper, behind the safety of my splash guards.. Which I don't have pictures of since they were posted as attachments on the old thread

Of course, like the beginning of any modification involving your cars electrical system: Unplug your battery.

For this install I suggest you also remove the battery to ease the installation process.

Step 1: When mounting the ballasts keep in mind of what has to be connected. You want to leave room for slack between each ballast, the battery, and the igniters. The wiring should be kept away and protected from anything which could melt the protective insulation.

Step 2: I mounted the ballasts using existing holes for my original setup.

I got suggestions from other members stating that these points are prone to moisture, which is bad for anything electrical.. haha, woops

Step 3: Plug in the controller to your driver side headlight, this will allow your HIDs to turn on with the oem switch.

Step 4: Wrap electrical tape around that connection, and the now unconnected passenger side lamp socket.

Step 5: Plug the lamps into the igniters and install them into the headlights (like the original bulbs would have).

Step 6: Re-install the battery, and connect the HID power cables to the battery terminals.

Step 6: Attach the terminals on to the battery again

Step 7: Test them out! and be like whoa