Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Man this thread is old. lol

I DEFINITELY had to adjust the tune, even with KPro set to the 'proper' flow of the injectors. Since this thread, i sent a batch (12 or 16 of them, cant remember) of modded 270's in to be tested/cleaned and MATCHED. That way i KNEW each injectors flow rate, and i had a greater chance of getting 4 injectors that were close to each other.

When you send them in just for testing and cleaning, you get a sheet that tells you flow rate and such, but nothing tells you which one is which (as in, they werent marked). I dont remember my exact flow rate differences from the first batch i sent in so long ago... but i think the lowest was close to 475cc and the highest was almost 485cc.

While that isnt a large variation, i didnt want to run the risk of putting the lowest of them on the hottest cylinder (#3) and creating issues the more i tuned the engine. Its only natural to push the performance envelope the more we mod our cars... and i wanted to be certain that the values i adjusted in KPro were as accurate as possible, since i was boostin the k24.

Plus im just an anal muhfukkah. lol

Do you datalog your car at all?

You should retune your car ideally but I would say it's not essential.
    What I would do if I were you is to just enter the new numbers from the flow test into kpro.
    Use the lowest of the 4 to insure you don't run lean.
    Do some datalogging and check out how things are working; I would bet it should be good to go.
    The spray pattern will be affected and this does affect the effective output but you could be fine waiting until a future major mod to spend the money on a retune.
    How to properly use Apostrophes
    The rev limiter is not meant to be used as a shift light

yea i datalog im at high 80's low 90's but i want to put a 3" intake and velocity just dont want to max out my injectors

Bump this thread UP!

For the sake of bumping and genuine need for an answer I ask this:
    Are the hard plastic grommets/nozzle extensions neccesary for install and proper function?
    If so, can these pieces be sourced at all? No auto parts retailer nor dealership parts look up shows availability or even a part number.
    How can you identify the 270's from the 310's (or any other K variant)?
    There is a guy selling a couple sets of injectors from both a base and Type S and I want to make certain I get the correct (270's).
    I am looking at a black body injector with...SE12
    ABG on the body just below the connector and the letter G just to the left.

And a couple of the plastic grommets have a fine crack going around and a third is straight up broken in half. Input please...

Are the hard plastic grommets/nozzle extensions neccesary for install and proper function?

No - The Hard plastic is a shroud that also limited the amount of fuel flow. they are not necessary but if removed they will make your injector flow MORE fuel. the injector it self will flow properly, Vrs stock it will only flow more fuel.

If so, can these pieces be sourced at all? No auto parts retailer nor dealership parts look up shows availability or even a part number.

For the hard plastic pieces, they come with the stock injectors - they don't sell them separately only the o rings that seal the injector to the manifold are sold, and the filters If i remember right.

How can you identify the 270's from the 310's (or any other K variant)?

these are 310s

these are 270s

http://jacksonracing.com/shop/fuel-i...uel-injectors/

There is a guy selling a couple sets of injectors from both a base and Type S and I want to make certain I get the correct (270's).
    I am looking at a black body injector with...SE12
    ABG on the body just below the connector and the letter G just to the left.

And a couple of the plastic grommets have a fine crack going around and a third is straight up broken in half. Input please...

if the hard piece is broken in 1/2 then don't buy them. unless you have a spare injector you can replace it with that has is not broken.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information