I copied and pasted this from a small local import forum. I pm'ed the link to "Chad" and he said I should post it. It's not SUPER in depth, but I can answer any questions about this install you may have. If you have negative comments, please pm them to me instead of getting rude in the thread. This is to give folks an idea of what/can be done. Thanks.

Being on vacation, I finally had time to do my eptree with the new Viper 5701. Here's a pic of the minivan all cleaned up:

So, here's a pic of the new keypad next to the Viper 5900/Python 990/Clifford 50.x. The Viper 5701 is the skinny one....nice difference.

The brain layout is different than usual, and it caused me some minor issues. I usually use Viper 5900s, Python 990s, or Clifford 50.5xs to do this style of alarm. They have seperate relay packs which extend the wires about 3 feet further.

Here's the brain:

Since the minivan has a factory immobilizer, it needed a DEI 556U for the remote start to crank.

The way it works is, you insert a coded key into the unit and it "reads" the key. ONLY a factory coded key will work. The soccer van came with 3 keys, so losing one was no big deal.

Before I sealed everything back up I put the key in the grinder and filed some of the key off, making it unusable. I did this so if a theif was to break in and find the box, the key would not do anything.

This alarm setup has a tilt sensor and backup battery. I also used a relay to make the horn honk when triggered and a relay to make the headlights flash when triggered.

The alarm in the car:

Wired up with all the relays:

Now, here's where it whipped my ass. Normally I can tap into most of my wires in the bundle that runs down the side of the car.

Not this time.

There is NO factory wiring on this side of the car....period. So, I had to extend and solder EVERY wire...I was not happy. I have never had to do this before, so it really added a bunch of time to this. Here's some pics of the bundling and cabling:

I grabbed most of my wires at the factory alarm harness:

Using a relay I made the clutch bypass:

I added 2 relays up here. One is for the sunroof. I can vent and close the sunroof from the key pad. The other relay is for the second accesory wire. After reading the owner's manual, I could have done without this, as the alarm has a programable wire for this application. Oh well...

This is the "leash" for the 556U I was taling about earlier. This goes around the key cylinder to send signal to the immobilizer.

Under dash shots with everything loomed. You really can't tell from these pics, but it looks pretty stock up there.:

I love the new slimmer keypad. The battery is supposed to last 5-6 months compared to 1 month on the older ones. This alarm is designed to work with 5 speeds, and there is a procedure to insure the car is not in gear before activating the remote start.

Enjoy!