Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    Do your throttle cables need to be adjusted?

Also the idle relearn is high idle at 3K for 3 minutes(subtracting any time the fans run from that three minutes), so when the fans run, you do not count that time towards the three minutes total time.

Any codes?
    I know all this... Made sure of it... But still nothing.... I was getting a P1519 with the IACV bad, but I changed it and it went away. Now the code and check engine is gone, but the Idle is still wierd. When I drive the engine feels like it wants to pull but there is some very light hesitation. I was driving my car with the P1519 code which was totally AWFULL!!!!... The engine was all over the place. could all that movement have thrown the timing or something off?

Yeah, probably just not giving it enough time once it's warmed up. I think it takes a little longer than it seems, and like Talon said, every time the fan kicks on it's not counting that space of time as "idle".
    Not to worry man, either you'll get it nailed down, or it will figure itself out after a while.
    Also, the hesitation may just mean that you need to tweak the throttle cable a bit.
    No worries man, it'll get sorted. I have the same problem when working on my car; every little thing comes with 2 or 3 other little things that need to get figured out. Pretty soon they add up to a big thing and I'm standing there swearing and wondering how in the hell I got in to this mess!
    Hang in there!

so i done that disconnect battery 10 min and shutoff then 5 min and its the same like before. 736-756rpm at 181 temp normal? same rpm with ac and temp 186 normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercard View Post
    so i done that disconnect battery 10 min and shutoff then 5 min and its the same like before. 736-756rpm at 181 temp normal? same rpm with ac and temp 186 normal?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information