Quote Originally Posted by Reaper27 View Post
Ok, I see now. I was a little confused about that. But u guess I'm still wondering what would be better? The koni yellow and GC sleeves or full coilovers? I mean the price it really the same so is there a difference in performance or is it just a preference thing? Thanks for the input guys, if you've ran both let me know your experiences. I'm dropping around a grand on something I want it to be right the first time haha

This is a very very debated subject.
here's the not personal stuff: I've read many many many times again than Koni's strut/shock performance, out does almost every other company.
Other than Biltstein that I can name off specifically.
But time and time again I'm told by reputable shop tech, race teams, etc. that Koni has superior dampening performance over your budget coilover's ($800-1500)

Ground Control/Eibach collab coilover sleeves are designed to fit perfectly per strut/shock.
When you order the GC sleeves, you order them to the specific strut/shock you have. Unlike the cheaper ones which use rubber rings that attempt a snug fit.
Also they have a life time waranty on the Ground Control component (sleeve and perch), also the Eibach component (spring)

You can order the GC sleeves in custom spec meaning, spring rate and size.

Here's my personal experience:
I like them. Install was easy.
They have treated me quite well, but I do feel they are noisy and that they creak
but I do not know if that is specifically the Koni's and GC sleeves, or if it's something else.
I've gotten custom spring rates for them which was easy.
Their customer service was great.
What I like about my set up is that if a shock blows, and I need to get it rebuilt, I can replace the single shock with a stock, or a cheaper replacement (tokico blues, monroe).
If I have a full coilover, essentially I'd have to replace it with stock suspension throwing my ride height all out of whack in a single corner.