Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Interesting point about the Cap, thanks that hadn't come up in my research, I'll read more about em.

I think the amp issue may come down to my budget as well, even doing the install myself will cost me a bit, i'm probably going to need a few tools, wiring, mounting brackets, MDF, fiberglass, and a dinner or two for some help from a friend lol.

I'm going to have to think about the rears a bit more, Ive had someone in the back of my civic, when I might have wanted music on, ie not a parent, all of like 1 time :)

first of all dont get a cap... they will drain the battery more than they produce
    My setup is very similar to yours, except i got component alpine in front and back, I wouldn't get different speakers for the back because the sound would be horrible.. you dont want the front to be high pitched while the back are distorted. Been thru it before its worth it just get all 4 speakers the same.
    Also me personally prefer 2 amps vs just one, specially for component speakers since they dont produce much bass, have all the bass coming from the sub, I'd rather have them separated than together on the same amp.
    Last for the sub if you are buying one I would get JL w6, or if you buying 2 subs then JL w3... I beleive they are better than Alpine subs for around the same price

Quote Originally Posted by b33lz89 View Post
    first of all dont get a cap... they will drain the battery more than they produce
    My setup is very similar to yours, except i got component alpine in front and back, I wouldn't get different speakers for the back because the sound would be horrible.. you dont want the front to be high pitched while the back are distorted. Been thru it before its worth it just get all 4 speakers the same.
    Also me personally prefer 2 amps vs just one, specially for component speakers since they dont produce much bass, have all the bass coming from the sub, I'd rather have them separated than together on the same amp.
    Last for the sub if you are buying one I would get JL w6, or if you buying 2 subs then JL w3... I beleive they are better than Alpine subs for around the same price
    The only time a Cap will drain your battery is if you did not properly charge it before installing it, and or if it has a bad cell. most new ones on the market 1 Farad Digital Capacitor will work just fine IF he wanted to install it, I didn't say he HAD to have it for his system. You don't need to have component in the rears, as audio quality is personal preference everyone has their taste's So I wouldn't waste your money on buying another set of component's in the rear if your strapped for cash.

Thread Information