Let me start by saying... I NEVER thought I would have ANY problems come inspection time with a one year young car...

Well, PA obviously sux... I took my car in for state inspection to the Dealer I bought it at (I know, I know... but the were cheaper!). Unfortunately for me, I forgot to change my *illegally* colored lightbulbs around my car first. So I got a phone call from the dealer that I passed emmissions, but failed Safety/State.

"WHAT?!?!", I said... "How the HELL did that happen!!"

The tech told me about the bulbs, and I apologized for yelling. I explained that I forgot to change them and I had them at home (40mi. away!). He said I could take the car and change them and bring it back for free. Well, that was too far (since I expire today and wouldn't make it back in time) so I asked what it would cost to replace 3 or 4 pairs of blinkers and running lights. He told me about $40 including labor, so I told him to do it.

... Two hours later...

I got another call from the dealer... "Where sorry to say we don't have all the bulbs for your car, so you'll have to pick it up and put yours in and come back, or leave you car here for 2 days."

... *gggrrrrrrrrrrr*...

"Fine", I said. "I'll be there in a hour."

So I go to the dealer to get my car and they tell me while I'm there, that the tint I applied to my bumper lenses is illegal. Either they have to *try* and scratch it off, or I have to buy new ones!

I FLIPPED OUT!!!!!

The law in PA was apparently changed to say that anything applied to a lense or reflector is illegal, weather transparant or opaque! They told me that what I had was illegal, as well as eyebrows, blackouts, and that meshed stuff they have out now. Even those decals people are buying to change the shape of their taillights is illegal, like the durango owners that have the ram decal on the breaklights.... Illegal as well...

So we argued for 10 min till the service manager showed up, and he was a nice guy. He offered to call the state police and ask them what they think... Of course, they thought I was wrong... So the service manager sent me on my way and was kind enough to *ignore* the part of my bill for state inspection, so I could go somewhere else that would pass me... He just said, " I can't risk the certifications of my techs and my station... You understand that?"

So I left.... Got home...

You never guess what now....

First off, the bulbs they did have, and replaced were the front and side blinkers... They replaced them with WHITE bulbs!! Not Amber ones, LIKE REQUIRED BY LAW!!!
Then I notice, one of my side markers (the drivers one) was not flush against the body... So I took it out to "Pop it in Straight" and found that they BROKE the clip on it when they *illegally* changed the bulb to white!! They actually knew they broke it, because they tried to tape it in by wrapping the back of the assembly with electrical tape!!!!!

I WILL NEVER GO TO THAT DEALER AGAIN -- EVER!!!!!!!

*phew* I feel a little better now... Thanks for letting me vent.

... Sorry for the long post.

Eric.