Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

**ATTN***:SYNCRO problem fixed!!!read*****

Hi guys,

Remeber when i posted about my car going into the dealer for the grinding in 3rd gear, well they told me i needed to change my shift loc my synkroz and shift arm, well after 1 week in the shop it was more than that, read:

the paper says: "Faulty casting 3-4 (gear) scyncro cause inop manual transmisson overhual include disassembly and inspect completely replace transmission housing: 3-4 scyncro, fork bearing and seal."

i just got my ep back.;) . I tested it and it doesnt even show a hint of grind, its perfect!!!!

They did alot of work to get this thing fixed, but what i dont get is that this thing was faulty as the service paper stated, they ordered alotta parts.

They replaced all of these parts:

W-fork
    Shift Arm
    Interlock
    Striker
    W-floor mat
    w-fluid
    clutch, case
    oil seal
    honda bond

Mostly oil seals and flushers but the major ones where on the tranny like: Syncros and shift lock and interlock and more.

All in all guys, take YOUR EP IN!!!! its faulty!! i will lead the way!!! Take it in, it is faulty! take it in!!

comments questions let me know.

thanks guys.

Mines fine, no grinding in any gears. Mine was made on Wednesday :D

hmm, i have that problem in 2nd to 3rd gear...should i goto the dealership?

Do I understand this right??

So you're saying there's an inherent design flaw on all 2002 Si transmissions and our tranny is predisposed to going out?

If that's true don't they have to do a recall?

If not, and if I understand what you say is true, what is the chance of this going out before the warranty is over? Is there anyway we can "test it" to make it go out, to see if it will or not?

My 2nd to 3rd seems a little notchy when cold... but otherwise nothing so far. Is this normal? I've only got 1700 miles on it though... What mileage did you notice the problem?

The major issue I have with the tranny is reverse. Hard as hell to get it in sometimes. I've not fully engaged it twice. It seems like it's getting worse like I really have to jam it into gear, even if I double clutch and roll the car a little bit. Is this normal?

Thanks,

-nate

Re: Do I understand this right??

Originally posted by natesi

So you're saying there's an inherent design flaw on all 2002 Si transmissions and our tranny is predisposed to going out?

If not, and if I understand what you say is true, what is the chance of this going out before the warranty is over? Is there anyway we can "test it" to make it go out, to see if it will or not?

My 2nd to 3rd seems a little notchy when cold... but otherwise nothing so far. Is this normal? I've only got 1700 miles on it though... What mileage did you notice the problem?

The major issue I have with the tranny is reverse. Hard as hell to get it in sometimes. I've not fully engaged it twice. It seems like it's getting worse like I really have to jam it into gear, even if I double clutch and roll the car a little bit. Is this normal?

Thanks,

-nate
    realistically you can't do much now. if there is a problem with our trannys, you'll have to wait till there is a recall, unless you experience problems.

hmmm no problems here, 3300 on the ticker --joe

Re: Re: Do I understand this right??

Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

realistically you can't do much now. if there is a problem with our trannys, you'll have to wait till there is a recall, unless you experience problems.
    Cant do much? What kinda attitude is that guys lol
    Take it in look what happen to my tranny now its nice.

Re: Do I understand this right??

Originally posted by natesi

Thanks,

-nate
    I think its a problem in some Si's cause the older Si's had the same problem. I noticed this around 1K-2300 miles. If you hear grinding sounds or something like it, then u gotta take it in. As far as the test, i dont know, you can just shift past 3-4K rpm's to listen to the shift. No recall's yet, but its small just the internals not the whole tranny.

When they changed the parts in my tranny the shift arm seemed more stiff as if it where brand new.

Re: Re: Re: Do I understand this right??

Originally posted by trinispeed

Cant do much? What kinda attitude is that guys lol
    Take it in look what happen to my tranny now its nice.
    it's an intelligent attitude. if he isn't having any problems, he can't do anything....hello!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Do I understand this right??

Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

it's an intelligent attitude. if he isn't having any problems, he can't do anything....hello!
    Im sensing a little anger here. We all need to calm down. 1....2...3...j/k , but really just be careful cause when i took my ep the guy said its good that i came in soon.

I dunno if its just me but...my Si seems to be getting better? Anyone else?

My tranny seems fine to me...I'll wait till they recall it or it actually gets bad.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Do I understand this right??

Originally posted by trinispeed

Im sensing a little anger here. We all need to calm down. 1....2...3...j/k , but really just be careful cause when i took my ep the guy said its good that i came in soon.
    see sig

freedomgli
    Don't hold out for a recall. You might be lucky and receive a repair under warranty, a limited service campaign, or goodwill assistance if or when the problem arises.

Just so everyone knows, a "recall" is for a safety defect. Typically the defect must exist in a relatively large number of cars and pose a danger to the occupants or the motoring public. When a recall occurs all sorts of paperwork and admission of guilt and liability happens with the federal government overseeing it all. Unless this tranny problem causes the front wheels to lock up catastrophically (sudden failure without prior warning) and swing the car into oncomming traffic (or cause a transmission fire), then its not considered a safety issue and therefore will never be addressed under a recall campaign.

Warning: Ranting Below
    I really wish people didn't use the term "recall" all the time when describing a problem with their car. Please refrain from using the word "recall" so loosely. I'll lighten up now. Damn government job working at NHTSA has me acting so serious. I guess that's what happens sometimes after viewing pictures of fatal firey car wrecks.
    Before I get off on a rant, just remember to wear your seatbelts and be courteous to others on the road and don't drive aggressively unless on a racetrack fighting for position.

punkdork
    Do we know if the "cruchy" 1-2 shift is covered under this?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information