Hey all,

Been taking my car apart little by little in the winter months. I've had issues going into certain gears at higher speeds as you can see from my previous posts.

My initial thought was that it's synchros as the clutch still held once it was able to get into gear but shifts were very difficult.

Once I pulled the blower off (again) and got the subframe out and the transmission dropped, in-between temps of 19 and 9 degrees out in my garage ;) , this is what I discovered.

So far so good

Looked good at first I thought so my initial thoughts about synchro's seemed to be right, or so I thought till I took the clutch apart completely and saw this.

So my thoughts on this are that my synchro's are most likely fine and that the spring on the clutch was causing my gear selection issues.

Anyone else come across this issue?

I'm also debating on adding an Exeddy lightweight flywheel and clutch combo along with replacing the water pump as well and thermostat since I've got everything apart, and possibly a LSD but I'm 50/50 on this as I don't track and it's just a fun commuter now.