Close

Question After Market Horns

MODS: Please put in apropreate forum as I couldnt figure which one this belongs in. Thanks.

Any One upgrade thier weak sounding horn yet? I went to my local auto parts store and for about $25 you can get both high/ and low tone disk horns. We have one of each on our car, so I was going to upgrade mine.
    opinions?

ssvr6
    Hella Air Horns are always good.

Steve

undaground knowledge
    I want the horn sound that the Dukes of Hazzard had.

I want a horn like a train, the ones you hear in NHL hockey rinks when the home team sores a goal. Yeah that's what I want....

I went with FIAMM Highway Blasters. I did not get the dish type but the ones that actually have a spinning thing with a trumpet( though not trumpet air horns). Both High and low. will install tomarow as its hot as hell out side!

MODS: thanks for moving!:)
    Last edited by greenguy; 09-11-2002 at 08:50 AM.

A guy I know works for Peterbilt here in Texas. He could probably set you up with a real nice horn. You could get the pull string hanging from the headliner and everything:D !!!

Originally posted by SBC31
    I want a horn like a train, the ones you hear in NHL hockey rinks when the home team sores a goal. Yeah that's what I want....
    LOL, that would be awesome! :D

BTW, our horns are loud per Honda standards at least.

Thumbs up

just finished the install. Took a while as I couldnt figure out how to get to everything without taking the bumper off. I was able to romove the horns useing a 10mm socket, and squeezing(sp?) my hand through the grill. but putting the new connector was going to be a bitch as not enuf legnth to get to it very well. So I removed the pop button snap thingys ( good part BTW) on the bottom of the bumper and just pulled the wires out and put new connectors on. put horns in that way, mounted and whallah. LOUD ASS HORNS!
    great ~$25 mod out there!

Originally posted by greenguy
    just finished the install. Took a while as I couldnt figure out how to get to everything without taking the bumper off. I was able to romove the horns useing a 10mm socket, and squeezing(sp?) my hand through the grill. but putting the new connector was going to be a bitch as not enuf legnth to get to it very well. So I removed the pop button snap thingys ( good part BTW) on the bottom of the bumper and just pulled the wires out and put new connectors on. put horns in that way, mounted and whallah. LOUD ASS HORNS!
    great ~$25 mod out there!
    Where did you get the horns?

Autozone. Any auto parts store had horns. Might want to look at the air haorns also. I just dont want to be too loud as to scare people. that could get ugly.
    Last edited by greenguy; 09-19-2002 at 12:56 PM.

ephatch member
    On my last civic I used the horns from a 1992 F150. they sounded alot better than stock. You might be able to pick them up for real cheap (I got mine from a friend that put air horns on his truck :p

hey there, can i get some step by step detailed instructions? maybe a few pics to boot? please?

ssvr6
    Why don't you do a search on google.com. That's where I get a lot of good info. (Not to sound like a prick, just an FYI.)

Steve

Thread Information