Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Visit me @ K-Series.com Mugen_EP's Avatar

Post For those who dont want to drill to install your side skirts...

Cease told me about this web site and it has similar stuff my body shop used to hold on my side skirts which seems to be working great. My skirts have been on for 7-8 months now with no issues.

You will need to purchase the adhesive promoter that is also listed on this page. I would probably get 4 packs of these, two for each side.

Good luck to all and if you have any questions just let me know.

http://levineautoparts.com/3mautgrayacp.html

http://products3.3m.com/catalog/us/e...esolutions_3_0

-Tony

Cold Blooodeeddd!!!!!

great

man, i been waiting for an alternative to drilling. so youre telling me that your skirts have been on your car for eight monts with no issues??? hey, if you get time, could you put up a pic of your skirts, on your car mind you, with some sort of callout or drawn indication of where they affixed the tape. top or bottom, where. this will be a big help for me at least. ive been wanting a body kit so bad, but i dont want to drill no damn holes in my car.
    thanks, in advance
    casey

The tape works great and I have had no issues except for when someone tried to steal my side skirts he pulled of the top of the drivers side skirt in front of the rear tire. I would say they were stuck on pretty good because he didnt finish getting it all the way off before I saw him. The passenger wasnt touched and has held on great since the original application.

I will try and find pics for you but I'm sure guys from the site can vouch for my car.

-Tony

Cold Blooodeeddd!!!!!

cool

cool, but scary. did you see who it was? man, i woulda choked that fucker. anyway, so from what it sounds like, the shop just stuck the tape on the top portion of the skirt and adhered it to the flat part of the body right there. do they move in the wind at say, high speed? the reason im askin so many questions is because i will probably be doing the install myself. i want to go into it with enough ammo and know how so i dont have to limp it to a body shop to get them to finish the job, you know. hit me back with some insight when you get some time man.

Originally posted by Mugen_EP
    The tape works great and I have had no issues except for when someone tried to steal me side skirts he pulled of the top of the drivers side skirt in front of the rear tire. I would say they were stuck on pretty good because he didnt finish getting it all the way off before I saw him. The passenger wasnt touched and has held on great since the original application.

I will try and find pics for you but I'm sure guys from the site can vouch for my car.

-Tony
    OMG, park your car outside and let them try to steal it again. I'll hid behind that dumpster and I'll beat the crap outta the guy with that bar that you use for those little jacks with the little pointy thing. I need to release some anger.

Re: cool

Originally posted by bigcase
    cool, but scary. did you see who it was? man, i woulda choked that fucker. anyway, so from what it sounds like, the shop just stuck the tape on the top portion of the skirt and adhered it to the flat part of the body right there. do they move in the wind at say, high speed? the reason im askin so many questions is because i will probably be doing the install myself. i want to go into it with enough ammo and know how so i dont have to limp it to a body shop to get them to finish the job, you know. hit me back with some insight when you get some time man.
    Well on the CTR skirts they have these clips and mounting points. So the clips were removed and the tape was applied everywhere that there was a clip. Then for extra reinforcement they added a strip along the top rear of the side skirt. I have no problems and no noise from the skirts.

Originally posted by ep3guy
    OMG, park your car outside and let them try to steal it again. I'll hid behind that dumpster and I'll beat the crap outta the guy with that bar that you use for those little jacks with the little pointy thing. I need to release some anger.

Actually it happened while I was playing ball at IVC. Some dumbshit decided he was gonna try and take them while I was on the courts. I saw him and started to chase him but he had about 100 yrd head start on me. He jumped a wall and he lost me. I really didnt care as I still had both skirts and nothing else was damaged.

ephatch member
    thanks for the post man. I was getting concerned about drilling. Now I think I'll feel confident using the tape. Thanks for the link too.

Originally posted by cease

tony (mugen_ep) are any of these familiar?

This one is the EXACT one used on my car

http://products3.3m.com/catalog/us/e...esolutions_3_0

and used adhesive promoter also.

ephatch member
    yeah, well i tried installing my sideskirts today but unfortunately it didn't stay on. First i put all the double-sided tape on where the clips would be and then i put more on the top rear side of the skirt, and screwed it on by the fender well. then the middle by the door wouldn't stay on so basically it looked like a U shape on the car. Later i tried getting a price on how much it would be to drill them on but they told me its REALLY expensive since they have to rust proof it and align all the clips would take a lot of time. so they told me its better off if i just glue them on, its a glue that is used on windshields, so tomorrow i plan on buying the glue but worst comes to worse i'll probably just get the shop to do it. they told me $150.

wow thats weird. i have'nt had any problems yet:)

did you buy the adheisive promotor? but $150 to drill doesnt sound bad

ephatch member
    nope i didn't buy the adhesive promotor, the $150 is to glue on the sideskirts on, which is really strong but tomorrow going to try it again and put the skirts on with a certain type of glue

ephatch member
    anyone know where to geth those stabilizer peices that bolt to the bottom of the side skirts (the two sets of double holes) which then bolt to the body?

For the side skirt stabilizers:I recommend using PVC pipe & running screws throught them into the lower rocker panel(or into pop rivets that are threaded) or you rig up some pipes & use the OEM holes.The stabilizers AREN'T cheap.You'll need 4.I still have some.If you want them....they're $45(set of 4)+shipping.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information