Close

Page 53 of 79 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by powdbyrice View Post
    sexay!
    tnx

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    Jesus... i think im just gonna stop postin my weak ass shit. lol

"Hey guys... check it out... electrical tape and plastic loom!" :eyefuckingroll: lmao!

I REALLY like those harnesses!!
    HAHA...I get scared when I see all the wiring that you're working with...you got mad skills and patience brotha

Quote Originally Posted by nmysiismyn View Post
    Tommy, you should have put that homer simpson saying that shit....about the plug....lol....as long as they fix it then we all good...
    Ecclesiastes 1:9
    "What has been will be again,
    what has been done will be done again;
    there is nothing new under the sun."

-King Solomon

Couple of random pix from Nisei....Mag Blue...one of my favs when it comes to wheel colors...really looks ON POINT on TE's...

But for some reason it just don't look right on Se's

-King Solomon

Was looking at this picture and I'm wondering if I should get the front mount polished? And whether I should get the subframe painted either black again or maybe polish that bitch fuck it maybe chrome it...its so noticeable...Any inputs?

-King Solomon

Quote Originally Posted by MadLorEP3 View Post
    Was looking at this picture and I'm wondering if I should get the front mount polished? And whether I should get the subframe painted either black again or maybe polish that bitch fuck it maybe chrome it...its so noticeable...Any inputs?
    I like black FMIC's. It helps keep it OEM. With the size of that thing, it's another one of those things that I don't think needs attention brought to it. It's gonna do plenty of that being black, IMO...

I'd have to see more of the subframe, lower mounts, etc. to tell you for sure what I think, but I'm thinking... If you go that route, you might as well polish the whole block, trans, etc. lol

I like black FMIC's. It helps keep it OEM. With the size of that thing, it's another one of those things that I don't think needs attention brought to it. It's gonna do plenty of that being black, IMO...

I'd have to see more of the subframe, lower mounts, etc. to tell you for sure what I think, but I'm thinking... If you go that route, you might as well polish the whole block, trans, etc. lol
    No no...when i said front mount...I meant front motor mount not the IC...IC is sick as fack in black

But I see your point though....I'm gonna end up overdoing it lol....tnx

-King Solomon

No no...when i said front mount...I meant front motor mount not the IC...IC is sick as fack in black

But I see your point though....I'm gonna end up overdoing it lol....tnx
    Oh snap, I'm whack. lol... And YES the black FMIC is sicCANCERous!

I'd polish the mount, for sure, but I'd leave the subframe black...
    I doubt it, but maybe after I see everything together, I might change my mind.

Avid doesn't make those, eh?
    Time to call them up!

This is kinda close to what I was imagining:

Rather than this:

I couldn't imagine spending a G on a Stack Cluster and installing it like so:

Sorry HUR1CNE! This poor bastard's not hatin' at all. I'm just tryin' to keep it real... Still one of my all-time favorite/inspirational EP's :)

It'd be cool if it were for a full-blown race car, but I couldn't do that to an all-around street/show/beast.

Oh snap, I'm whack. lol... And YES the black FMIC is sicCANCERous!

I'd polish the mount, for sure, but I'd leave the subframe black...
    I doubt it, but maybe after I see everything together, I might change my mind.

Avid doesn't make those, eh?
    Time to call them up!
    they dont make them so i got my front mounts from innovative

-King Solomon

This is kinda close to what I was imagining:

Rather than this:

I couldn't imagine spending a G on a Stack Cluster and installing it like so:

Sorry HUR1CNE! This poor bastard's not hatin' at all. I'm just tryin' to keep it real... Still one of my all-time favorite/inspirational EP's :)

It'd be cool if it were for a full-blown race car, but I couldn't do that to an all-around street/show/beast.

The first pic definitely looks the best but for some odd reason...I still can't SEE what makes it different from the others
    The others seem flatter
    the first pic is not as flat but Im not sure how they did that....
    Last edited by Holeshot; 02-13-2009 at 01:06 AM.

-King Solomon

The first pic definitely looks the best but for some odd reason...I still can't SEE what makes it different from the others
    The others seem flatter
    The example I gave (first 3 pics) are from the same dude/car/post. The 2nd pic is a custom/stock comparison.
    Rather than having the gauge cluster bezel be joined to the cluster by a flat piece of CF or something, He molded the gauge cluster garnish to fit straight to the cluster, eliminating the need for the filler/flat piece...

Another route I think would look good, would be to install it behind the OEM clear plastic piece, but I think that'd be pretty effin' difficult.

The example I gave (first 3 pics) are from the same dude/car/post. The 2nd pic is a custom/stock comparison.
    Rather than having the gauge cluster bezel be joined to the cluster by a flat piece of CF or something, He molded the gauge cluster garnish to fit straight to the cluster, eliminating the need for the filler/flat piece...

Another route I think would look good, would be to install it behind the OEM clear plastic piece, but I think that'd be pretty effin' difficult.

Tnx homie...I finally understand what you mean...I guess pics plus explanation works best for me...lol
    ok I will get it done...I know just who to bring it to as well. The same guy that made me my carbon fiber plug can definitely make me a custom housing for the cluster. It would look so sick if it can somehow fit inside the oem plastic
    only problem is that the oem ep3 cluster is angled forward while the s2k cluster needs to be angled back since its digital...
    by the way, see something different...tnx homie

-King Solomon

YES! That first pic of the custom garnish is awesome! I agree. If you're gonna spend the coin and time/effort to get something like that to work properly, finish it out so it looks like it belongs there too. If you have a stripped race car its different...

Tnx homie...I finally understand what you mean...I guess pics plus explanation works best for me...lol
    ok I will get it done...I know just who to bring it to as well. The same guy that made me my carbon fiber plug can definitely make me a custom housing for the cluster. It would look so sick if it can somehow fit inside the oem plastic
    only problem is that the oem ep3 cluster is angled forward while the s2k cluster needs to be angled back since its digital...
    Ha! Right on! NP mang!
    I'm glad you're open for suggestions and put real consideration to 'em...
    A lot of people are too stuck on it being "my car"-as if ANYTHING they "think of" wasn't inspired by something that's already been done.
    This' a good example of that. Thinking about it, I had an idea and thought I was going to have to sketch/Photoshop it, but, like everything, it's pretty much been done before.

-King Soloman, Ecclesiastes 1:9 (NIV)

So...
    Why would, being digital, mean it has to be angled back?
    I'm still half-asleep, so I may be wrong, but I think the actual gauges in our OEM cluster is angled back- just the clear plastic piece isn't.
    Glare was something I was gonna remind you to be aware of, but I think you got it now.

If your homeboy could (somehow) make it out of plastic rather than fiberglass, that would be ideal- not only so it could have the flex that the OEM one has (less likely to get damaged upon multiple removing), but he'd also be able to use the OEM garnish as a starting point...
    I actually have an extra gauge pillar garnish piece (baller! lol), so you guy's would be able to hack up yours with confidence.

by the way, see something different...tnx homie
    I do. I do...
    NP mang!

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    YES! That first pic of the custom garnish is awesome! I agree. If you're gonna spend the coin and time/effort to get something like that to work properly, finish it out so it looks like it belongs there too. If you have a stripped race car its different...
    +1 for Tommy! YES!

Thanks Dave!
    Last edited by 20CiviC02Si; 02-13-2009 at 03:14 AM.

The others seem flatter
    i've got the s2k gauge waiting to go in mine too, the guy who wired it all up and made the bezel for me really eff'd me over and used freakin cf vinyl! so i'm getting my trim piece made out of real carbon fiber.

Page 53 of 79 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread Information